Now, before I write this blog I don't want any judgments passed thank you very much, quiet in the cheap seats out there, no shaking of heads or frowning allowed.
Today I arrived to class 4 hours late suffering from a minor case of alcohol poisoning (read, I was hung over). The cause was last night’s celebration of the completion of my horrible Export Marketing Class. For those I have been complaining to, my paper on "The expansion of UCLA into the European and Japanese Business school markets" (had to add the title so you get better understanding of the riveting subject matter I was dealing with) was finally emailed off to my lecturer last night at 11.57pm, all 15 pages of it.
I then decided to take advantage of the free cocktails on offer at Kaiko club. Put it this way, although long island ice teas go down remarkably easily, they are also extremely alcoholic, as was the bar tenders personal concoction named, if I remember correctly 'Ancient Blood' of all things. For all this drunken debauchery though I really did intend on going to my 9am class, and even set both of my cell phones to ensure that I would be up and ready for my pending presentation. Turns out that either neither alarm went off, or alternatively I managed to sleep right through both of them. I am still yet to determine which, although it wouldn't surprise me one iota to find that in my state of inebriation I pushed a wrong button somewhere along the way. So I woke up at around 9.30 feeling like death and muttering the infamous phrase "I am never drinking again".
After showering, breakfasting, and making it to uni Location A, asking at the information desk where my classroom was (the guys at that desk and I have built up a certain relationship since my arrival as I generally have to ask them directions about every second day) I trudged down the road and finally found the place, only to find a note on the board announcing there had been a room change and class was actually now back at Location A, although handily no room was specified. Needless to say by the time I slunk into class things were well underway and it struck me that I probably would have been better off just staying in bed. My excuse of being 'Ill' although accepted on the lecturers’ part, was met with pesky questions from my class mates (who know about Kaiko's Monday nights) which I could not for the life of me muster any sort of respectable sounding answer to. Only now has it occurred to me that a migraine would have been a perfect excuse (no need for physical symptoms, able to recover suddenly from and with the ability to illicit high levels of sympathy from fellow migraine sufferers) but then hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?
And that’s about the sum of things today. I am now trying to muster up the energy to start working on tomorrow’s presentation, but think a power nap would really be the story. Actually the more I think about it the more appealing this idea becomes, catch you later folks I'm off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment