Monday, November 06, 2006

Who stole my remote?

So just when I thought it wasn’t possible for time to pass me by any quicker I seem to have been thrown into some sort of time warp where someone up above decided to hit fast forward, and I am now moving at a break neck pace towards, well, that is the problem, I am not sure what! But in the mean time I thought I’d give you a run down of how busy my week (and beyond) is shaping up to be.

So, right now I am supposed to be in my German class, and actually I had every intention of being there. I was quarter of an hour early, swept into the class presuming nobody would be there, and then was treated to an entire class doing the ‘turn and stare’ on me, causing me to retreat to the safe territory of the computer lab and not wait outside while they all file past me. But, I have for the past three sessions or so thought the class started at 3pm and so been an hour late anyway, why break the status quo?

Moving on, tonight I have a cocktail reception with the Mayor, not sure why or what for as the invitation is in German and so far have just managed to extract the time and place from it, but will let you know how that all turns out. Tomorrow night is the second Heuriger, an event organized by the buddy network and is basically some sort of all you can eat and drink Austrian buffet (and lets face it, if there is anything to do with food consumed in excessive quantities I am there with bells on). Wednesday I am planning to head to Bratislava, and then Friday I am heading to Budapest for the weekend. Now that was a last minute decision, after finding out that the seminars I wanted to attend for a Management Knowledge Forum this weekend were unavailable I figured, hey, why not visit the capital of Hungary?

The craziness simply continues as I think the following weekend I am flying somewhere, although the destination has not yet been finalized, then I have a block class or two, a ski trip to the Austrian Alps, and before you know it I think I am heading to London for Christmas. Which incidentally I have just been checking flights for, and am seriously considering buying two Ryan air tickets due to their ridiculously low luggage limit.

There is absolutely no way that I am going to be able to move my entire life in under 15kgs, even 30kg would be a pretty big challenge to be honest. I think my two pairs of boots and a couple of heels would weigh that alone. So I am thinking that because the tickets are so cheap, perhaps I could just buy two as that would be a cheaper way of moving 15 additional kilos than say, posting them. Do you think that it possible? Does anyone out there want to come and visit me then fly back to London on the 20th? (Come on you London dwellers, I’m talking to you!). Of course the whole dilemma brings me back to the injustice of the whole system, where the 7foot 120kg guy next to me pays the same amount as I do for his ticket, when I weigh half of what he does. So when are they going to start having a combined body + luggage limit? Are they going to start imposing a maximum limit on this also and have people pay $5.50 for every kilo they are over? I can see it now, ‘Nope, can’t have the pasta today, I have to fly tomorrow and think I might go over the limit if I do’. But better get going, can’t be later than an hour to class, that just wouldn’t be on, where does the time gone?

No comments: